Friday, September 25, 2009

Introduction

Hello, and welcome to my blog! I hope you will enjoy reading what is written here. Let me introduce you to some of the various people and animals that are a part of my life.
The first and most important Friend that I have is the Lord Jesus Christ. I hope that he is a Friend of yours, too. The greatest thing that ever happened to me was when he saved me.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 KJV

Our family likes to sing and study God's Word together, hike and camp, trail ride on our horses, and just be with one another.
My father is a civil engineer. He is a strong Christian man who strives to walk with God and lead our family in God's paths. I'm so thankful for him.
My mother is a homemaker and helpmeet to my father. She is a homeschool mom and a good example of a wife and mother following the Lord. She's also a good cook. :)
I have one sister, and her name is Annie. She enjoys playing many various musical instruments, such as the Mountain Dulcimer, the classical guitar, the fiddle, the piano... she'll play just about anything. Annie likes to spend lots of time with her horse, Buddy. Lately she's been teaching him tricks.
I guess I should introduce myself as well. I'm Jill. I like to read good books, and I enjoy just about any kind of crafting. This year I'm in charge of our garden, and I'm learning a lot from that. I love to spend time with my horses and my dog.
We have five horses, three cats, and one dog. Most of the time they all get along.
Rusty is our oldest horse at 19 years. He is a big sorrel quarter horse gelding, and he belongs to Momma. He is not ridden much anymore, as he is afflicted with heaves, arthritis, and a major case of grumpiness. He's a sweet old guy, though.
Then there is Poco. She is our only mare, and she is a few months younger than Rusty. Poco is also a quarter horse. She is mine, but she is not ridden much anymore. Poco was abused as a young horse, and gaining her trust has been a long process. She is still rather difficult to ride due to her nervous temperament.
Buddy is Annie's horse. He is a nine-year-old bay quarter horse gelding. Buddy likes to give ponyrides to children and do his tricks. He can shake hands and shake his head "no" when you ask him a question. Buddy is a well-trained cowhorse and reiner, but we don't compete.
Daddy's horse is Jack, a four-year-old dun quarter horse. Jack is still in training, and he is very laid back. He is a great trail horse. We keep wondering," When is he going to stop growing?" He's big!
Last but not least is Peg. He is my riding horse. Peg is a quarter horse/paint/appaloosa mix. He is nine. Peg is a frisky, mischievous troublemaker, and I love him.
Abby is our old golden retriever. She's also known as the yellow rug. Our cats are Aaron, Flea, and Spunkabitty. They are full of personality. We get a lot of laughs out of them.
That is our bunch. I hope you have a blessed day, and I'll write again soon.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jill! Great beginning! Can't wait to meet Ethel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job finding an excuse to journal. :)
    Everything looks very attractive and nice. I like the way you set things up. One question, Where's a picture of Abby?
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jill! I'm very impressed not only with your excellent writing but also with your coomputer knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello,
    My name is Ethel. I am 124 years old and spry as the day i was born (july 12 1885). If you dont stop pretending your me, you're gonna see an old mad woman in action. This is a warning! I can and will get a day pass from the home. Then you'll be sorry.

    a ha ha ha ahh ha hee hee (evil laugh)

    sincerely,
    Ethel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, if I were you I'd get some protection to keep you safe from a certain old lady. :D

    Glad to see that you've got your blog setup! I can't wait for more posts.

    T.J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey
    My name is Roy, Ethels husband of 114 years. Its bad enough being married to a 124 year old woman, then you go and get her all wound up. I dont care what you do as long as you stop making ethel mad. I understand you are angry. I would be angy too if my parents named me blog. None the less you have no right to inpersonate my wife and use her name.

    Roy

    ReplyDelete