Friday, November 6, 2009

Allergy shots

Yesterday I gave Rusty and Jack their allergy shots. They both deal with allergies to pollens and different grasses in the summer months. The treatment is usually a cortisone medication and antihistamines, but there are significant risks associated with the cortisone. We decided to try a fairly new, untested treatment of allergy shots. So far, it seems to be working well. The horses have been on their shots since the spring, and I was able to continue riding Jack all summer. I was voted the shot giver by the rest of my family. It is easier than I thought it would be, and Rusty and Jack are so well-behaved. I don't even have to halter Jack. I can just go into his stall with the needles and inject him. I never thought that I would be giving shots, as scared of them as I used to be.


Abby and Bunny love to play with each other. It is cute, and Bunny's presence seems to have knocked several years off of Abby. Bunny has Abby's approval. We have found out that Bunny gets cold easily and hates to get her little paws wet. She appreciates her doggy bed on the back porch, and it is hard to get her to leave it in the morning. Bunny is a sweet dog, and we are having fun with her. Bunny is a blessing from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment