Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Missions Conference

It seems that this fall has been busier than usual, but we planted our garden in spite of weather and lack of time.  We have kale, collards, mustard greens, broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, scallions, garlic, sugar snap peas, lettuce, carrots, radishes, and strawberries. (And some weeds!)  Daddy bought me a little rear-tine tiller, and I have been using it.  It is a very helpful tool for the garden.  

Tomorrow evening we are going to a Missions Conference at Trinity Baptist Church.  It will be held tonight, tomorrow night, Friday night, and Saturday, with a church service on Sunday.  Our family will only be there for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I am looking forward to it.  Last year we were able to attend  one night, and it was very interesting.  I'll let you all know what we learn at the conference.

3 comments:

  1. Will any of the delicious sounding produce be ready for Thanksgiving dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I think so. Any special requests? I believe that the kale, mustard, and collard greens and perhaps the turnips will be ready. My lettuce isn't doing very well this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure we will have a boutiful feast without the lettuce!

    ReplyDelete