Wednesday, May 18, 2011

How time flies!

I looked up and realized that I have not posted in a very long time.  So much has been happening in our family lately that I am going to have to write a longer post soon.  However, for now I'll give a bit of a quick update.

Ginger's hoof problem is entirely healed now, and her training is progressing well.  I am able to ride her outside of the roundpen  now, and a friend came over and rode her all over our property, the neighbors' property, and down the road on Monday.  Ginger gave her first pony-rides to children yesterday and seemed to really enjoy it.

I was able to plant our summer garden, and it is looking great!  I am happy with how my plants are doing, and I haven't let the weeds take over yet....  I planted tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, greenbeans, melons, basil, marigolds, and zinnias.

Daddy is very busy at work.  He has been working so hard, and we hope things quiet down at the office soon. 

We took a week-long trip to Fort Collins, CO a few weeks ago.  It was a lovely time, and the weather was beautiful there.  We were able to hike a little bit, and we had a good time together exploring the city.  I'll write more about that later.

Speaking of weather, it has been pretty nice here lately.  The highs have been in the 70s and the lows in the 40s.  Weather like that makes me want to be outside all day long!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you Jill! I'm glad that Ginger is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete