Monday, April 5, 2010

Strawberry Success!

We harvested our first strawberries this past week! We are always pleased when the first ones begin to turn red. I think we've picked 5 or 6 so far. Every one of them was delicious. Strawberry season is a fun time for us. When one buys the berries from a store, one never gets enough. We can consume an enormous quantity of berries.

Before the Mother and Daughter Tea, Momma and I went to a small antique store to look for nice, old table linens. When I walked in, there was a large display of Franciscan Apple china. I am collecting this china for my hope chest. It can be hard to locate it at antique stores, and it is usually rather expensive. This display of china, however, was reasonable in price. I became very excited and jotted down some of the prices. After several days of prayer and consideration, I decided to purchase some of the pieces. The seller gave me 25% off the items I purchased, and them she offered to sell me the rest of the set at 50% off. After I bought a few more things, she gave me the rest for free. It was such a blessing. I have nearly 10 place settings now.

2 comments:

  1. Our strawberries just started blooming this week... :) The dishes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,

    The strawberries look incredible! I am so thrilled for you guys! And the dishes - WOW! The Lord really does provide abundance, doesn't He? Now that I know you are collecting that pattern, I will keep my eyes open when I am antiquing.

    ReplyDelete