Monday, April 26, 2010

What does a 47-year-old want for his birthday?

REAL MAN FOOD!

Cube steak, white rice, and lots of brown gravy...


followed by a rather large piece of turtle cheesecake.



Daddy's birthday was Saturday. We went to breakfast as a family, did a bit of shopping (Home Depot, etc), and finished with the meal of his request. It was delicious. We bought him two kinds of cake at Whole Foods Market and had him choose the one he wanted. He chose the cheesecake, but the chocolate mousse cake looked splendid to me. When we read the ingredients, Annie discovered that there was tofu in the mousse cake. Daddy will not eat tofu, so guess who got the chocolate mousse cake? Momma and I shared it, but I confess that I ate more than half. Mmmm!
I am so thankful for my Daddy. He is a strong leader, and I know he prays for me daily. His wisdom and love are special to me. God has really blessed me in my earthly father. I love you, Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Mike! Sounds like you had a blessed day. The cheesecake looks so yummy!!! Jill, your pictures are making me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um-yummy! You make me drool Jill!
    I'm so glad your dad was able to have such a special day with such a special family of his!

    ReplyDelete