Monday, May 3, 2010

Property Updates

Here is a photo of the irrigation system that Daddy installed in our garden. It is a big help, as long as you don't forget to turn it off when you're done... like I did once. It turned out okay, though.

My herb garden is enjoying the warmth and sunshine. Everything is coming up abundantly, especially the ever-invasive mints. They have creatively escaped the confinement of their bed, and they are now sprouting in the grass. I like it, but I think Daddy would classify it as a weed. It is an herb in the garden and a weed in the grass.

This is the view from the left side of our house looking toward the front "yard." This is my Seven Sisters rose and one of our bluebird houses (no bluebirds inside, though. Spunkabitty terrorizes any bird foolish enough to nest there.).
I'm sorry my posts have been so brief lately. We are quite busy. Hopefully things will calm down soon, and I will be able to fill you in on what has been happening over here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. The irrigation system looks really handy! -And we can definitely sympathize with the Mint problems... We also have a major Roman Chamomile problem, it's beautiful - but it's everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The irrigation system does look really neat. We now have soaker hoses, but we have to hook each bed up and water them all individually. Your set up looks like it would work well.

    ReplyDelete