Friday, July 16, 2010

Our Oklahoma Trip

We had a lovely time with our family during our trip to Oklahoma. The three full days that we were there were packed full of fun activities. Momma, Annie, and I swam in the pool every day. The first day, we were able to go and watch one of my cousins play a baseball game. Then we went to tour the historic winery where my grandfather works. We went out to dinner at a nearby restaurant. After dinner, we all headed out to drive around my uncle's cattle farm. It was muddy and wet, so the ride was full of adventures like sliding and crossing creeks.
Roman Riding!
The next day we were able to go and see a rodeo. We enjoyed some of the events, but others we could have done without. One of the entertainments was a lady who had trained her horse to do tricks. Her performance inspired me to work more with Peg. She had her horse do the Spanish Walk and other fancy moves, she dropped a handkerchief from the saddle and had the horse pick it up and hand it to her, and at the end he reared up and waved to the crowd! An eleven-year-old boy performed Roman riding atop two galloping, white Tennessee Walking Horses. He jumped from one horse's back to the other, rode them backwards, jumped over a big jump, and straddled three fiery poles. It was quite a show.
One of my cousins fishing at the pond
On the last day, we went to the local farmers' market with my grandmother. On the way home, we stopped at Starbucks. Mmmm! We also went shoe-shopping with my aunt. She introduced us to a neat frozen yogurt place called the Orange Leaf. That afternoon we took their boat out to the pond at the local country club.
I am in the boat with two of my cousins.
The visit with our family was a special time. It is never long enough, so I am already wondering when we can see them again.
Jasmine, the little horse, is doing quite well. She is receiving the medication that will cure her illness, and her coordination issues have disappeared. We are so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment