Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Garden of the Gods - Colorado Springs, CO

We drove on to Colorado Springs on Thursday, because we wanted to see Pike's Peak and the Garden of the Gods.  Pike's Peak was scheduled for the next day, so we decided to explore the Garden a bit.  This was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.  It impressed me strongly, and I couldn't get enough of the sights.  I could have spent days there, walking the trails and taking pictures.  Breathtaking!  All the rock formations have names, but I was unable to keep them straight. 


As one drives into the valley containing the Garden of the Gods, these red rocks suddenly come into view.  It is quite a sight, especially since all the surrounding mountains are rather ordinary in shape and color.  One gets the impression that the red rocks were just set down in the middle of it all, instead of belonging there.






Balanced Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment