Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cranberry Orange Bread


Today we made cranberry orange bread to give as Christmas goodies. Momma and I made six big loaves and four little ones, and they look really good. I know that the dough was tasty, because we tried it.

We made it all in one batch, which posed a few problems. The volume of the ingredients made stirring difficult, but thankfully barn work strengthens one's arms. Our bread is in the oven right now, and Momma and Annie tell me it smells delicious. I can't tell, because I have a cold.

Annie and I plan to deliver the bread to our neighbors on horseback. Last year we decorated Peg and Buddy with greenery and red yarn. Then we rode down our gravel road and gave out our goodies Pony Express style. At one house, the resident horses bolted across their pasture, and Peg took off running, too. However, the bread we were carrying was none the worse for the excitement. This year we hope to have none of that sort of adventure on our rounds.

1 comment:

  1. Jill,
    I'm enjoying your blog. Now I feel all caught up with you and your family. thank you for keeping us so well informed.
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete