Saturday, December 5, 2009

Snow!

Last night it snowed at our house. The fluffy, white flakes came down in abundance, and about an inch stuck. It was a perfect finishing touch to our evening, since we had gotten our Christmas tree that afternoon. We put up the tree and strung the lights while Daddy made chicken and sausage gumbo. Then we decorated our tree between trips to the door to watch the snow fall.

We were thrilled when the snow finally began to stick. At about 10:30 p.m. Annie and I took a walk around the property and marveled at the wonders of God's creation. The landscape was truly lovely.
This morning, Annie and I went outside early enough to catch the sunrise on the snow. We
watched our cats and dogs play in the snow, and we turned out the horses so that they could play as well. Jack liked eating snow.







Later, we built snow people. I made a person and a dog, and Annie and Momma made snow kitties. When it snowed last year, we forgot to make snow people, so we decided not to miss the opportunity this year.
It was such a blessing to be able to experience snow again this year. Every time I see snow, I am reminded of the awesome power, wisdom, and creativity of God. Praise the Lord!




1 comment:

  1. Your snow kitties are adorable! So happy you had some snow - wish I could have shared the moment with you guys. I miss all of you!

    Jill, your blog is so inviting and interesting and I LOVE your frequent updates!

    ReplyDelete