Monday, August 16, 2010

A New Season

This year marked the beginning of a new season in my life. I have finished my homeschooling, and I am now learning what the Lord has for me to do. I have learned that the most important priority in my life is to serve the Lord by serving others.

One ministry opportunity that God has put on my heart is volunteering at a therapeutic horseback riding facility. A friend brought the idea into my mind, and I had been praying about it when we went to Oklahoma. While we were at the rodeo, I came across a booth for the Right Path Riding Academy, a therapeutic riding facility near my grandparents' home. I really enjoyed talking with the volunteers there, and we decided to consider sending me to Oklahoma in the spring to volunteer with Right Path. After I came home, I researched therapeutic riding facilities in our area and found a place called Gaitway. After talking with people at Gaitway and seeking the Lord, we have decided to pursue volunteering there. I am excited about the possibility of serving at Gaitway, and I will probably start in September.

I am about to begin teaching sewing lessons to two sweet, young ladies we know. That will be an exciting new project, since I have never taught sewing before. These young girls are both a lot of fun to be with, and I know that teaching them will be a pleasant experience. With help from my friend and neighbor, Mrs. Susan, I am working out a lesson plan. I have so many ideas!

A Master Gardeners' Program is about to begin in my area, and I have signed up to take part in it. I love to garden, and this class should be quite informative. My friend Rebecca has also signed up to take the class, so we can learn together. Lord willing, when the program is finished, we will be able to claim the title of Master Gardener.

God has been giving us an abundance of direction this summer. We don't know exactly where we will end up, but we do know He is in control. I can't wait to see where He will take me.

5 comments:

  1. That's so exciting Jill! I just love the moments when God makes everything so clear, and begins handing us things to do. It reminds me of the end of Psalm 90 where it talks about "establishing the work of our hands." What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted about the new adventures in your life and look forward to hearing all about your experiences. I know whatever your path, you will always be a blessing to those you encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, What an answer to prayer about Gaitway! I am very excited for you and cannot wait to hear stories and testimonies from your experience there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, I love this new season in your life. It looks as though the Lord has drawn the perfect plan for you; He scripted it himself. I hope to one day be a Master Gardener, when I am in a different season of life. Please let me know how it goes for you - I love reading your blog. Love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, that above comment is from me, Mrs. Elizabeth! I was mistakenly signed in as Chris.

    ReplyDelete