Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Trail Ride at Bogue Chitto State Park

Daddy took Annie and me on a long trail ride at a new horse trail in Bogue Chitto State Park on Saturday.  When the trail is complete it will be about 14 miles long, but it has 10 miles of trails currently.  We rode all 10 miles and really enjoyed it.  The scenery was lovely, with lots of open pine woods and hills.  Our trail was muddy, but it was novice-friendly.  The footing was good and smooth, and the many hills weren't too steep for comfort.  We encountered one deep stream crossing where the water came up to the saddle girths, but our horses took it well.

Of course, Daddy rode Jack, and Annie was mounted on Buddy.  I took Poco, which was neat because I have not had the opportunity to trail ride on her in the almost five years that I have owned her.  She immediately took the lead and was in front for the whole ride.  I had a wonderful time riding Poco, but there was one drawback.  I needed both hands to ride my fireball, therefore I could not take pictures.  That is why I can't display examples of the scenery.  Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment