Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Good Report

I went to the oral surgeon for a checkup on Monday, and he told me that my surgery site is healing well. I can now go back to regular activity and eat whatever I want. Although I may experience pain for up to 3 weeks, I won't damage anything by physical exertion or eating crunchy foods. I was glad to hear that, because I was growing tired of fruit smoothies. I celebrated by going home and eating a large green salad for lunch. It was delicious!

I am looking forward to being active once more. I can't wait to ride my horse, take a long walk, work in the garden, and clean stalls again. :) It will probably be a few days until I can do some of those things, however, since we've had some heavy rain. The first activity will probably be stall cleaning, and my horsey friends have provided me with plenty of work in that department. They are always happy to oblige.

I am deeply thankful for my family's care while I was recovering. They took good care of the horses, the dog, and all my seedlings for the garden, as well. I love my family. I was also blessed during my recovery by a visit from some friends of ours. They brought me cards and pictures that the children had made. Annie took them to pet the horses and cheer up Peg, who was feeling lonely without me. I think he did feel better after seeing them, and I know that I did. It was really nice to see our friends.

1 comment: