Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I feel so loved.

My family has been taking such good care of me. Annie has made some yummy food, Momma got up every two hours last night to change my ice packs, and Daddy is very comforting to me. I cannot imagine trying to get through this by myself. God has blessed me with a wonderful family.

Our pets are doing their best to make me feel better as well. All three cats have been sleeping with me, but Spunkabitty is the most dedicated. He spent all night by my side, and every time I moved he patted me softly with his little paw. He even decided to stay in with me this morning, which is usually not his favorite place. Abby, my sweet dog, came inside to visit me last night and this morning. Both times she tried to get in the bed with me, and she acted excited to see me. The sweetest of all, though, is my horse, Peg. Annie led him up to the porch to look in the window at me. When he saw me through the window, his whole face brightened and his ears stood straight up. Momma opened the window so that I could say hello to him. When Peg heard my voice, he tried to climb up onto the porch to get close to me. The porch won't hold his weight, so after his second determined attempt, Annie had to take him away.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that everything went smoothly and that you are recovering well! That is so sweet about Spunkabitty patting you with his paw. :)

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love you...to the moon and back...and more. :)

    Momma

    ReplyDelete