Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm about to lose some wisdom.

Wisdom teeth, that is. On Monday, the 22nd, I am going to an oral surgeon to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I'm told that having one's wisdom teeth removed is painful, but for some reason my brain is more worried about the sedative than the pain. I don't know why.

Anyway, I'll be laying low, eating soft foods, and reading lots of books next week. Annie will take over the horses for me. I hope they behave themselves. . . but I told Annie to expect the worst. Poco likes to take advantage of people she isn't as familiar with.

I'd appreciate prayers as the day approaches. I know God is with me, and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to be an ambassador for Christ. Still, I am a bit nervous.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear!! Well; I just celebrated my one year anniversary of life without my wisdom teeth, and the relief of having them gone is absolutely worth the pain of losing them. Dreading it was definitely the worst part of the whole ordeal... My favorite verse on the day of my surgery was Isaiah 26:3. I kept my mind focused on the Lord - and He gave me perfect peace. I'll be praying for you!
    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, Jill. I will be praying for you. May the surgeon have a gentle, but swift conclusion and your fears removed as the Lord cradles you in His comfort.

    ReplyDelete