Monday, February 22, 2010

It is over.

I'm relieved to have my oral surgery behind me. It went fast, and the sedative knocked me out before the doctor had finished the injection. I do remember being aware of having my mouth propped open, and I recall the doctor standing over me with the drill, but that is about all. I had taken off my jacket before the procedure, and on the way to the car I realized that I must have put it back on. I do not remember that. I wonder what else I did.

Momma took me to get a smoothie from Smoothie King, since a friend told us that is what she did. It was quite good, but eating with one's lower lip and tongue numbed is a challenge. Momma kept having to tell me that I had smoothie on my chin, because I could not feel it.

Once we arrived home, Momma set me up with ice packs. We found that frozen peas and carrots make a pretty good ice pack. If I can't eat my veggies, at least I can wear them! Since then I've been asleep more than I've been awake. Thank you to all who have been praying for me. I appreciate your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I am so relieved for you! It sounds like it went well - let's continue to pray for a speedy recovery! BIG HUGS to you!!!

    ReplyDelete