Saturday, February 13, 2010

We got snow!

When we awoke yesterday morning, it was snowing thickly. The flakes were big and fluffy, and we were able to watch as our property gradually turned white. It was a lovely sight. We always thank God for the opportunity to enjoy snow.

My everyday barn chores had extra appeal because I was able to enjoy the snow at the same time. After the horses had finished eating, I turned Pegasus and Jack out to let them play in the snow. Peg looked at me as if to say, "This white stuff is cold, and I'm getting wet!" Jack thought that snow was made for eating. He ate as much as he could and seemed to like pushing it around with his nose. When I decided to bring the boys back into the barn, Jack gave me a big, wet, icy kiss on the face. Brrr.

After we had finished playing with the horses, Annie went for a walk, and I took pictures of our property. Abby joined me, and we had a nice time playing in the snow together. She managed to wander into quite a few of my photos, so I made her the focal point of several. Abby likes snow, but we learned not to throw snowballs to her. It distresses her when she chases them and they disappear.

The snow was beautiful while it lasted, but it was short-lived. At about noon, it began to rain, and the snow quickly melted away. All that is left are the pictures and the memories (and the mud!).

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to enjoy some snow! Did it hurt your garden at all?
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were blessed. The garden was not damaged much, although the strawberries did get a bit burned. They'll recover soon.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete