Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Baking Bread

I am going to bake bread today, and I hope that it behaves itself this time! Working with freshly ground wheat flour can be a tricky task. Sometimes the yeast decides to be quite happy and rise too fast and too far. Other times it sulks and won't rise nearly far enough. About half the time it behaves beautifully, and I get pretty bread. It doesn't really matter one way or another, because I am the only one who eats the bread anyway. I don't care what it looks like or how heavy it is. All fresh bread tastes good and smells lovely. Besides, in case of a total flop, I can always feed it to the dog. She has never failed to give bread a rave review.

Today's verses are a continuation of the ones we had yesterday.
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 1 Corinthians 13:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment