Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ordinary Updates

Aside from the Roundup, here's what's been happening at our house. Daddy taught family class at church last Sunday, and he'll be teaching again this Sunday. His lesson is on 1 Corinthians 13, and he is doing a good job. Daddy has also been clearing brush and privet around an old cedar tree that fell during Hurricane Gustav. We want to get that spot cleared, take down the remains of the tree, and let grass grow there. Daddy is making good progress on that project, but Spunkabitty objects. Daddy is destroying one of his favorite hideouts.

Annie has been experimenting with gluten-free baked goods, and she is pleased with the results. She found that buckwheat makes a good muffin. This means that even though she's gluten intolerant, she can finally eat baked goods again. Annie is working on arranging some Christmas songs on the piano. They sound lovely.

Momma has worked hard on our schedule, and it is really working out well. We are getting a lot more done now, and that is truly a blessing. Momma has also been helping me to sing the alto part when our family sings together in the evenings. I need plenty of help!

I just finished a quilt that I was making for a friend. It was a fun, challenging project, and I learned a lot in the process. I can't wait to give my friend the quilt.

That is what is happening over here. I hope all of you are well.

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. James 1:2-3 KJV

2 comments:

  1. We have signed up as your first followers.

    Grammy & Grandaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,
    I had gotten so far behind in my computer activities that I'd been missing reading your blog. Now I feel like we've had a good long visit. Thank you for posting wonderful photos and your news. I love keeping up with you.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete