Friday, October 2, 2009

The Fall Garden

I got most of the garden put in yesterday afternoon. It went well, and I had a pleasant time digging, planting, and watering. It rained last night, so my seeds should be well watered in now. I am growing broccoli, cauliflower, collards, kale, rutabagas, turnips, radishes, carrots, cilantro, parsley, celery, beets, swiss chard, four lettuces, sugar snap peas, brussels sprouts, onions, cabbage, tomatoes, and strawberries. I still have to plant the peas, carrots, radishes, and carrots. The strawberries won't arrive until later this month, and we haven't yet purchased the onions or brussels sprouts. I can't wait to see how the garden turns out. Hopefully, we'll be producing an abundance of good, healthy veggies this winter. Daddy says the rabbits are going to be very happy with me. Those rabbits had better stay out of my garden!

Daddy is building a butcherblock for our kitchen. He's using some beautiful old lumber that we salvaged out of an old barn we tore down a while ago. We think it is oak or pecan. The top is going to be maple. I'll post pictures of it when it is finished. It sure is a blessing to have a Daddy who can build things.

Here is today's memory verse.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20 KJV

1 comment:

  1. Your garden sounds like a big, delicious salad!

    ReplyDelete