Monday, October 12, 2009

Horsey Business

I am exceedingly thankful. Peg, who has been lame since Wednesday, is almost entirely sound again. I've been worried about him, because I could not find anything wrong. He's a bit reckless with his feet, though, so I think he must have gotten a stone bruise on his hoof.
Annie and I are hoping to go to our first trail horse competition on Saturday with Buddy and Peg. However, it might be canceled due to rain and wet ground. The competition is called the River Road Roundup, and it is an obstacle course to be negotiated on horseback. Some obstacles might include: water crossings, small jumps, poles to back through, gates to open, logs to drag, and Buddy's nemesis, the "cowboy curtain." It should be really fun but challenging as well. I hope the rain stops so we can go.
The garden is still mostly mud. The peas, onions, and carrots haven't come up yet, but everything else is doing pretty well. I believe the weeds are going to be a bumper crop this year. Too bad we can't eat them.

Here is today's memory verse:
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 KJV

2 comments:

  1. The trail ride sounds really exciting! I'll be anxious to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,
    I'm enjoying catching up on your blog. I especially like the photo of you and Peg on the teeter-totter. We loved your family visit today.
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete