Friday, October 30, 2009

Planting Strawberries

We finished planting the strawberries yesterday. That was a long job, but fun. We can't wait to enjoy the fruits of our labor next spring. Whenever we work in the garden, our animals join us. We usually have Abby, Poco, Rusty, and all three cats out there with us. The cats had a great time running over the rows and leaving muddy footprints on the plastic row cover. They also amused themselves by batting at it and sticking their busy little paws down through the slits we cut in the plastic.

We've lived with Jack long enough to know that one doesn't get bored when he is around. As I was walking towards the house at the end of planting strawberries on Tuesday, Peg neighed at me. I looked up in time to see that Jack had somehow laid down beside the fence and gotten his back legs caught in it. As I headed out to help free him, he wriggled his way out of the fence. As soon as he was on his feet, Jack let out a long neigh as if to say,"I'm okay now. I got out all by myself!" He was limping, so I went into the pasture to assess the damage. Jack was pretty scraped up, but nothing dangerous. I put some ointment on his cuts and let him go. He's fine now. At least he didn't break the fence.

Momma, Annie, and I have started sewing together. I am really enjoying that time. Annie is making a pillowcase, Momma is making a dress, and I'm making a blouse. It is fun to be working on projects together.

Here is today's Scripture.
Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the Lord are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein. Hosea 14:9 KJV

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to schedule a visit at your place next year when the strawberries are ripe. We were thinking we would come in the spring anyway, and you know how I LOVE strawberries. Granddaddy wants to play golf also and we think we might get a golf villa at Quail Hollow for some of the time we would be there. Love to all, Grammy

    ReplyDelete