Friday, October 16, 2009

We are finally experiencing some fall weather! I was ready for fall temperatures. It's my favorite time of the year. It is still muddy, though. Guess whose feet those are!

Whenever I take my horse somewhere, I like him to be clean. That usually involves a bath,because Peg's white coat gets stained easily. He has spent the past few days getting thoroughly dirty in the mud and wet grass. What makes it worse is that the pasture he lives in is the only place on the whole property with red clay. He was such a mess. I said that he was putting on his war paint, because he was streaked red, green, and brown. I took the opportunity yesterday to bathe him before it turned cooler. He turns blue and starts shivering if you even mention a bath in cool weather. However, that means I have to keep him clean longer, since the best thing is to bathe the afternoon before the event. It will be a battle, because one of Peg's favorite things to do is to see how soon he can reapply his war paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment