Monday, October 19, 2009

Results from the Roundup

We had a wonderful time at the River Road Roundup. The weather was lovely, the people were so friendly, and the course was fun. Annie and I decided this kind of competition is what we like to do.

Peg behaved much better than I thought he would. We made it to the finals and placed fifth! The obstacle we are negotiating in the photo is called the teeter-totter (or as a young girl at the event said, a totter-tater). This was the obstacle I didn't think we could do at all, but Peg acted like he knew exactly what to do. We had 8 minutes to complete 20 obstacles of varying difficulty. Buddy tried hard in spite of being a scaredycat. He'll improve with practice, and the obstacles with which he was familiar were done quite well.

Buddy and Peg did really well, especially since this was their first time. I did wonder what I was in for when I first got Peg off the trailer. He was distracted, skittery, and frisky. He didn't want to listen to me at all. However, he soon settled down. Buddy was good from the moment he got off the trailer. His favorite part was entertaining a family of small children who were spectators.

Our family had a great time. We are all red in the face now, though, because the wind blew hard. We have sunburn and windburn, and Annie says we look like boiled crawfish. I don't know about that.

Here is today's memory verse.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelation 21:4 KJV

3 comments:

  1. Boiled Crawfish! I resemble that remark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah horses and riders! I'm glad you had fun and did well to boot. Sorry about the sunburn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill,
    What a great time!!
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete